Food, Hampers & Takeaway
new winter ‘ORDER & GO’ MENU
As the season changes from Autumn to Winter, we have added some hearty new dishes to our selection of ‘Heat & Dine’ takeaway meals for you to select from. New dishes include a family sized lasagne and soup of the day served with our own freshly bread baked and house-made butter – both perfect for the cooler nights. There are some new sides to choose from including a cauliflower gratin and potato gratin and our new ‘Weekend Family Roast’.
Orders for our new Winter ‘Order & Go’ Menu can be made from Wednesday, June 3.
- You don’t have to be an Eastern Golf Club Member to purchase from our ‘Order & Go’ menu. As a Club, we are committed to supporting our local community.
Our ‘Order & Go’ menu features the following for you to purchase from:
Order & Go menu:
- A selection of pre-prepared meals including house-made pizzas, family sized chicken pie, lamb shanks, chickpea curry and NEW dishes including our ‘soup of the day’ with house-made bread and butter, a family sized lasagne and side dishes of cauliflower and potato gratin
- NEW ‘Weekend Family Roast’ – order by Wednesday for collection on Friday including a No. 12 chook that has been stuffed and sides of cauliflower and potato gratin and Mr Murphy’s green beans
- Selection of cuts from the butcher
- Seafood selection
- Essentials (eggs, butter, cheese, pasta, rice, oats, plain flour & sugar)
- Fruit & Veg (selection of seasonal fruits (pears & bananas) & vegetables (potatoes, carrots, brown onions, parsnips, tomatoes, green beans, zucchini, mixed capsicums,cauliflower, leek, cos lettuce, mixed herbs, Australian garlic)
- Meat (beef mince, chicken breasts, beef sausages, bacon, ham, eye fillet & leg of lamb)
4 easy steps to order:
- Complete the order form with the quantity required for each item and place your order with us by email
- We will confirm your collection date
- Drive to the Clubhouse entrance
- We will place the order in your car
Orders will be available for collection from Reception every Monday, Wednesday & Friday between 2pm – 4pm. Please allow us 48 hours to gather your hamper – we will contact you to confirm it is ready for collection. ‘Weekend Family Roast’ orders must be received by Wednesday for collection on Friday.
Contact free home delivery can be arranged for your convenience if you live within a 30 minute radius of the Club for an additional charge of $7.50.
Updated: June 2, 2020
from the kitchen – making crumpets
With Mother’s Day next Sunday, our Head Chef has shared his recipe for a favourite for the family to make together and surprise Mum with ‘breakfast-in-bed’. To watch how to prepare these delicious delights, head to our Facebook page.
‘Order & Go’ Weekly Meal Planner
A change of season, and with many families now balancing working from home, and home schooling, we have added a selection of new dishes to our Eastern ‘Order & Go’ Menu service that we hope will be of assistance to you, and your families, with your weekly menu planning.
We’ve compiled a weekly menu planner to assist you with all dishes available from our ‘Order & Go’ Menu including:
✔️ Try our new Shepherd’s Pie served with Mr Murphy’s green beans from Gippsland – now available in the new Fruit & Veg Hamper
✔️ Let’s go vegetarian with our Chickpea Curry served with rice from the Essentials Hamper
✔️ Everyone’s favourite & now available from the Butcher’s Menu – Roast Chicken & vegetables followed by poached pears from the Fruit & Veg Hamper
Published: April 21, 2020
offering Complimentary Home Delivery*
At a time where ‘Stay at Home’ is being strongly encouraged for all Victorians, we are offering complimentary contact free delivery to those most vulnerable* within our community.
- If you are aged 70+ years
- Have existing health conditions and are aged 60+ years; or for Indigenous Australians, 50+ years
- Live within a 30 minute radius of the Club
* T & C’s apply
for the love of your local campaign
Carlton & United Breweries are supporting their locals with the creation of the ‘For the Love of Your Local Campaign’ – by purchasing beer voucher(s) from the link below CUB will match your support by shouting you another – pint for pint.
When The Members’ Lounge & Bar is able to welcome you back – please come in, redeem your voucher(s) and enjoy a long overdue ‘face-to-face’ catch up with family and friends.
Please buy your beer voucher today, following these easy steps:
1. Head to the website using the below link:
2. Search for Eastern Golf Club / Yering 3770
3. Confirm the number of pints you wish to purchase and add to your cart
4. Fill in your information
4. Head to the check out and pay
Thank you for your continued support, albeit from afar for the moment, and we cannot wait to open the doors again for your enjoyment and our team will be here waiting to see you again.
cooking from our Hamper Range
This weekend’s menu inspiration cooking with the ingredients from our Hamper Range:
✔️ Minestrone Soup – using vegetables from the Fruit & Veg Hamper; bacon from the Meat Hamper & pasta from the Essentials Hamper
✔️ The roast that’s worth missing a dinner with Tom Cruise for – cook up the leg of lamb from our Meat Hamper & serve with a selection of vegetables from the Fruit & Veg Hamper
✔️ Desert is an old favourite – apple crumble using butter, flour – with oats optional – from the Essentials & apples from the Fruit & Veg
✔️ ‘Home Style’ Sunday Big Breakfast – eggs, sausages, bacon, tomatoes with freshly squeezed OJ using the Essentials, Fruit & Veg & Meat Hampers
Published: April 4, 2020
cocktail of the month – elderflower G & T
Perfect for a mild autumn evening on the deck, combine all ingredients in a glass with ice:
- 45ml of your favourite dry Gin – we recommend Four Pillars Navy Strength
- 15ml Elderflower liqueur – Edinburgh Gin can be found at Dan Murphy’s
- Squeeze of grapefruit juice – cut a fresh wedge and squeeze in
Top with tonic water to fill the glass over the ice.
Garnish with a slice of grapefruit and a sprig of rosemary.
Published: March 30, 2020