In 1941 the then Eastern Golf Club moved to a new course at East Oakleigh, having purchased land from the Melbourne Hunt Club, and formed Huntingdale Golf Club.
The Eastern Golf Club was reformed in 1944 at its present site and the "Tullamore" homestead remains the centrepiece of the Clubhouse.
The course is a well maintained and challenging 18 hole par 71 setamongst long established native trees, and with an abundance of bird life adding to its charm and character the course provides an excellent and enjoyable test for all golfers.
This charm and character is reflected in the Clubhouse where over 110 years of history complements the hospitality for which the Club is renowned.
A book titled "The History of The Eastern Golf Club" can be purchased from the Club office.